One thing you can never have enough of is time, and one way to save yourself some is by using re-usable ‘Snippets’ in your Pardot email marketing. Here’s how you can use them, and save yourself time by creating re-usable content, which you can recycle for later use!
Before we get started, make sure you have enabled the following Pardot functionalities:
If you have already done this, then you’re ready to go! Here’s an example process for you to follow:
Create your Snippet in the Pardot Lightning App
All Snippets must be assigned to a campaign, so make sure you’ve created one. Once you have set this up, navigate to Snippet Assignments and click ‘New’.
Click in the Search Snippets box and select ‘+New Snippet’ to create your snippet:
- Enter your Snippet name. Once you have done this the API Name will populate. Note: the API name must begin with a letter.
- Select the Snippet type from the dropdown.
- Enter a description.
- Add your value, you can style the text and link it here.
Repeat this process for all of the Snippets you would like to create for your campaign.
Snippets in Emails
Next, create your email / email templates and associate them to your campaign. The campaign relationship is important as this determines which Snippets are available to use in the email/ email templates.
- In the email editor select, ‘Merge Field’ to bring up the HML selector.
- Navigate to the Snippets tab.
- Select the snippet you would like to insert into your email.
Here’s an example email with various snippets used:
This is how it will look to prospects:
The snippets with links are tracked and will show in your reporting.
- You can access and manage all of your Snippets in Pardot Lightning by navigating to Content > Snippets.
- If a Snippet is relevant to more than one campaign, it is possible to have it assigned to more than one campaign – make sure you manage this in the Campaign Snippet Assignment!
- You can use Snippets in your emails when using Pardot Classic, but they have to be created and managed in Pardot Lightning.
- If you update a Snippet, for example a link, this will update everywhere it is used.
- You can use the same API name for your Snippets when you assign each one to a different campaign or business unit.
Use cases in your email marketing:
- Downloadable content such as ebooks and guides.
- Regularly linked page such as your content / resources / contact us page.
For more help with leveraging Pardot tools and features for your marketing campaigns, get in touch with us today!